Saint Vincent College offers a Master's Degree Program in Management: Operational Excellence that provides an opportunity for learning-focused career leaders to receive the educational and practical experience necessary to lead cultural change initiatives in their corporations or service organizations by implementing the tools, techniques and countermeasures of Operational Excellence (OE).
This program blends business management with a liberal arts approach that encompasses critical thinking, international awareness, the application of cutting-edge business systems programs, effective communications, ethics, statistics and quantitative literacy, and the ability to write well and persuasively.
The academic goal is to provide students an opportunity to learn the advanced theories of management as originally developed for the Toyota Production System (TPS). OE empowers employees to share and implement their ideas for improving productivity, quality control and safey. It is based on a culture of teamwork where employees are treated with mutual trust and respect.
The program concentrates on two primary OE concepts while introducing students to the core curriculum of management.
1. The methods used to develop cultural change within an enterprise.
2. The tools, techniques and countermeasures used by skilled practitioners in implementing OE at their organizations. Students will have multiple hands-on courses to experience and practice these skills.
Top 10 Career Benefits
1. Upon completion of this degree, you will be prepared to manage and lead an organization utilizing Operational Excellence.
2. Broaden your knowledge of core management theory and Operational Excellence
3. Discover the critical role that culture plays in the management of world class industries
4. Prepare for leadership in management
5. Improve your ability to communicate effectively
6. Develop understanding of the legal and ethical standards of effective management professionals
7. Enhance your skills in teamwork and team performance
8. Apply the knowledge of theories and models in advanced management areas
9. Demonstrate higher-level skills in oral and written communications, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving appropriate to top management
10. Learn to identify problems and develop effective countermeasures in today's business setting